Magnificent! This is a German Railway eagle intended for mounting on the side of the engines. These were manufactured from an alloy, mostly Aluminium. The wingspan of this particular one is 60cm. The LOK marking stands for Lokomotive (train). The mounting stubs have never been threaded. On the reverse is marked G Al Mg Si. The G stands for Guss, meaning cast. The Al Mg and Si indicate the chemical composition of the alloy used.
The newly delivered Reichsbahn train with factory number “50 467” in Thorn (East Prussia.) The Reichsbahner (railway worker) at the front of the camera wearing a special uniform for the occupied territories with 8 buttons (usually 6), and the rare and only briefly used Litzenkragenspiegel of Generalgouvernement Polen. Unfortunately, the photographer had no steady hand and it has bit blurred when shooting. Also noteworthy is the Reichsbahn Adler, in which here the two letters “D” and “R” are attached on both sides of the emblem, which was more typically used in cars. The picture was taken by Walter Hollnagel in June 1940
L to R: Pfc Charles ”Toughy” Sobrito (brakeman/flagman), Sgt. Jim F. Deaton (conductor), T/4 Frank Hacker (engineer), and T/5 F.C. “Fudge” Moschini (fireman) of the United States 735th Railway Operating Battalion Co. C. This picture was taken in the spring of 1945 in Warburg, Germany.