This is the Mannlicher M1895 Austrian battle rifle. In this example it is the Kavaliere Repetier-Carabiner M1895 or carbine /30 in 8x56R caliber. Most likely this was cut down to stutzen length when it was converted from the 8×50 caliber in the thirties.
M95/30 was a conversion in the First Austrian Republic by Steyr-Mannlicher during 1930–1940. These rifles carry the letter S meaning Spitzer stamped on the barrel. Main modification was the rechambering to 8×56mmR cartridge. Other changes were the conversion of ladder sights from the older pace unit to meters and addition of a brass front sight protector. Many long rifles were cut down to Stutzen length. Most of M95/30s were sent to Bulgaria during 1938–40, where front sight protectors were removed.
These rifles were also used by second line units as well as the Balkan allies of Germany.